How to Hide you House from Google Map
Why Would you want to hide your house?
Google maps makes it surprisingly easy for robbers to case your neighborhood from the privacy of their own home.
- Case out the layout of the building.
- Spot security cameras, gates and obstructions.
- Seek good hiding places like bushes and trees.
- Locate utility boxes.
- Actually look inside your garage if you happened to have it open when Google’s Street View Capture Camera Van drove by and took the photo
Here’s how to hide your house from Google Maps
- Go to Google Maps and enter your address
- Click on the street view by clicking on the little yellow person in the lower right corner
- Look around and find the image of your home
- Click “Report a Problem” in the lower right corner
- Complete for form and click submit
After completing this process, you will be happy to see that your house has been blurred, preventing people from actually seeing details from your house.
Armed with these tricks, you are one step closer to having a fully safe home.