What is your comfort zone?
We are ruled by our habits – good and bad.
We go the same way to work every day, we eat the same food, and we live in regular patterns.
Because it minimizes stress and risk, It creates mental security, decreases stress and increases happiness.
Imagine your comfort zone as things that make life worthwhile and interesting.
Break Out of Your Comfort Zone
Science shows that when you break out of your comfort zone
- You are more productive.
- You’ll have more fun, meet new people and expand your opportunities for joy.
- It’s easier to grow continue to grow
- You find new ways to harness your creativity.
- You have an easier time dealing with rapid change.
Why is Breaking from you Comfort Zone Important?
The rate of technology change in the world is increasing rapidly! This rate of change is just increasing, so being flexible and adaptable to change is a basic survival skill in today’s world.
How to Break Out of Your Comfort Zone?
There is several ways to achieve it
- Try new things. I once was into trail running and I now run with a trail camera once in a while.
- Trust your intuition
- Take small steady steps to master new skills. You want to stretch, but not too far!
Here are some practical examples how to break from your comfort zone:
- Unplug Sundays: turn of all tech one day a week
- Find a role model who has done something you think is impossible
- Change one pattern a week: how you drive to work, how you brush your teeth, how you sign your emails.
- Try a new restaurant!
- Schedule a family time together to do something new everyone want to try.
- Take a power nap – 20 to 50 minutes – and see how if feels
- Learn to meditate. Even 5 minutes a day can change your life.
- Try something that scares you, from jumping out of an airplane to online dating.
- Try a different look. Mod anyone?
- Join others. Show this to a buddy and get them to leave their comfort zone with you.
When you learn to get out of your comfort zone, you’l be more flexible and able to handle stress and change. Be sure to try it!